Tuesday, April 9, 2024

3 October 2013

Hello everyone!!


This week has been great! We got to sing in the Relief Society broadcast this last weekend, and it was such a great experience. It was the first time I was actually in the conference center, and hey, I was in the choir! It was super crazy to sit where the Mormon Tabernacle choir sits, and see the entire first presidency walk in front to sit down. After the broadcast, it was crazy because there were all sorts of families who were waving to their daughters who were in the choir. A lot of the girls were crying because they would see their families. Some of the Moms out there even had binoculars. Haha NO joke!! It was so funny. 

As we were leaving, the entire general relief society presidency hugged all of us and told us how proud of us they were. It was so genuine and super nice. We saw them every day the week before, because they came to every choir practice--which started at 7:30 am. That's not even counting the fact that they had to travel an hour from Salt Lake to get here. They were so nice!! During one of practices, all of them went through the entire choir--talking to all 364 of us sister missionaries. 

One of the presidency, (she has brown hair to her shoulders but I can't remember her name) met me. When I told her that I was going to Armenia, she was so happy. She had lived in California--near a lot of Armenians and she told me about it. I felt so much love from her when she talked about the Armenian ward she used to know. I knew that she loved me too. You could just feel it. :)

Anyways, I have finally adjusted to the missionary schedule. I now get tired at 9:30 pm and I am so wide awake at 6:15. I feel great! 

My apartment has made it a competition at who could take the fastest showers. I am proud to say that I managed to undress, shower (including washing my hair and my body), and leave the bathroom in just two minutes and fifty seconds. Oh yes, I am proud. Haha 

It's wierd that we're already in our fourth week here at the MTC. The saying is so true when they say that the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. Everyday is so jam packed with everything, but then suddenly three weeks have gone by. SO wierd. 

Although, I am SO glad that we are done with the first week. People aren't kidding when they say that the first week is the hardest. All the missionaries out there should know that after the first week, it only gets better. There is hope!! Haha

It's so much to fun every wednesday to see all of the new missionaries. They always look super unsure and intimidated, and you can always pick them out. Hah But they are super cute. I feel like the English speaking missionaries are here and gone so fast. We meet them one day, and then the next day they're gone. So we make good friends with the 6-9 week missionaries.

Oh! By the way, I met my second cousins' second cousin this week! SO random. I was getting soup or something, and I caught a glimpse of this red head sister missionary's name tag. It said "Sister Tolman." Knowing that we have second cousin Tolman's, I had to talk to her. She is related to Justin Tolman, our cousin. SO crazy!

I'm almost out of time, but I loved hearing that Aaron got his mission call to Paraguay. Woohoo! Congrats cuz!

Oh, and one of our super awesome teachers, Brother Carlson, stopped teaching at the MTC. We were SO sad. He was such a great teacher. But he was replaced by Sister Boyle, who went through the MTC with Camille Tolman--our cousin. So much fun. =)

Well I'm out of time. I love you! Talk to you next week!

Love, Sister Fielding

No comments:

Post a Comment