Tuesday, October 7, 2014

November 7, 2013

Hello everyone!! =D
I now only have 3 and a half days left!! It is SO exciting. It's wierd to think that I have a trainer already assigned in Armenia and everything. I can't wait to get out there.
We leave on Monday morning for Chicago, and then on to Vienna on a 10 hour flight. We'll have a 12 hour layover in Vienna airport, and then a five hour flight to Armenia. Accumatively about two days of traveling. It's gonna be super interesting! We're getting there at 4:30 am, and most likely getting straight to work--jet-lagged and all. =D It's gonna be interesting! Hah
Plus, Tyler's here in the MTC now!! Woo!    tyler was set apart on November 3rd!
Yesterday, I was so excited at lunch, because I saw all these new missionaries walking around. I was thinking, "Oh my goodness, TYLER IS GONNA BE HERE!!!" I was trying to look at every new missionary walking by. I raced through my lunch, looking out into the hall constantly for the new missionaries. My roommates and my companion were looking at me like I was crazy. Haha At one point I said, "Hey! We can go to "the alterations place" by the bookstore, and then see if we can see him when he's getting his books and everything!!" Hah Yeah, I was excited. I didn't get a chance to see him before he left for West campus. I could see him on Sunday for the devotional, but who knows??
Speaking of devotionals, Elder L. Tom Perry is going to be here on Tuesday!!! how cool is that?? I missed him by one day. Hah I'm going to be traveling when he visits the MTC. Tyler is going to hear him speak though! (Lucky...) =D
Today was also the last day that we went to the temple. So I'm not going to be able to go to the temple in 16 months, because the closest temple to Yerevan is super far away. So sadly, we're not going to be able to go. It has been so great to go every week here. You can feel so much strength when you go in, do service for others, and become strengthened spiritually.
I think it's crazy that the next e-mail I'm going to send is going to be from Armenia!! Aaah!! I am so happy. I am so excited to meet my mission president, President Carlson, too. It's going to be so sad to leave all of our teachers (Sister Crawford, Sister Boyle, and Brother Cook) when we leave, and also to say goodbye to all of the other missionaries in our branch.
It's going to be so good though.
Well I want you all to know that the Lord's work is moving forward. He loves us, and wants us to work hard to serve others. I'd like to encourage you to think of ways you can help others this week. Go out of your way to brighten another person's day. =D The more we serve others, the more we will feel the love of God in our hearts.
I love you all!! Take care!!
Sister Fielding

No comments:

Post a Comment