Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 17, 2013

Բարէվ ձէզ!

How is everyone??

I only have a couple of minutes, but I'll give a run-through of my week. =D

So for starters, guess who came to the devotional this Tuesday??? DALLIN H. OAKS! Woo! So exciting!! =D I loved it. It was so good. There were rumors running rampant throughout the entire campus that there was going to be one of the twelve coming--especially since they were having all of West campus walk up to main campus. All of our district were positive that it was going to be one of the twelve, and so we decided to sing in the choir. It was a sneaky/effective move, because it guaranteed us good seats. (It takes about 30 minutes to walk up to Main campus) We sang praise to the man, and it was awesome!

I sat next to a sister from Tonga, she's going to St. George, Utah--learning how to speak English. She and all the Sisters from her district were SUPER sweet. :) I love meeting the missionaries who are learning English as a second language--they usually come from humble circumstances, and are usually super kind. By the way, this sister's great-grandpa  was converted by John Groberg. How crazy is that!

Also, we had Bonnie Oscarson speak to us on Sunday--she's the Young Women's president. Her talk was really good, but I was exhausted and so I had a hard time focusing. Ha Whoops!

By the way, Tyler's old FHE sister is here at the MTC. I saw here last week. I didn't recognize her, but she recognized me because I came to her mission call opening. Hah So funny!

Plus, I saw my awesome friend, Kaylene Hathaway, the other day!! She's going to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We had our practicum together, and so we would carpool to the elementary school together. She is so sweet!! I saw her getting her lunch (or dinner) in the cafeteria. I stopped mid-sentence, gasped, and jumped up! My chair got knocked in the process. Haha Once I fixed that, I ran over there, squealing, "Kayleeeene!!" Haha It's been so great to have her here!! We always give each other big hugs when we see each other. She leaves on Monday or Tuesday, and so she won't be here long.

I am out of time. I love all of you. I know this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I challenge all of you to read 1 Nephi 1, and see how God shows his love by speaking to us in these days, as well as in times of old.

I love you all!!!

Love, Sister Fielding

P.S. I am SO happy to hear about the missionary efforts and genealogy!! You are all doing so great! =D Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment