Tuesday, June 4, 2024

August 11, 2014. Fun in the sun

So this week was crazy busy!! And we were outside SO MUCH. It was way fun. 


For starters, we were able to do not one, but two service projects this week!! They were back to back. The first was basically de-weeding all sorts of flower beds in this one park. After that, we headed to one of our members' house. She had weed-whacked her entire field and needed help with raking it. Did I say field? I probably should say hill!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word. It was SUPER steep!! It was about at a 45 degree angle throughout. Sometimes steeper. Plus there were occasional 3 foot drop-offs. Craziest service project I've ever done. Hah It was really cool though. (I just can't believe that she was weed-whacked that entire field by herself!) Sorry I would post pictures, but I don't have my camera with me.

Plus, we had our giant ward activity at Lake Sevan! SO much fun. We were asked to go out and help. So we did! Armenians didn't really know what to do with our water balloon toss, but they loved it! Oh, American games.

We brought our exercise ball, and they went crazy over that. They don't really have those over here. So yeah, we hit it around in a circle and they LOVED it.

After a while, people went out and swam in the lake, and we were in the shade. Some little kids were playing with the exercise ball--it was nearly their size. After a while, Sister H (one of our senior missionaries) noticed that the ball was missing. We started looking around for it, and caught sight of it about 100 feet into the lake. Well, as missionaries we're not supposed to swim or go into the water. So here's Sister H and I, trying to get someone to go out and get it, as the ball gets pushed further and further away.

We found this kid with a jet ski though who said he'd grab his buddy and go get it. But...then he waited and waited. 20 minutes later, (when the ball was literally a red dot, and a couple hundred feet away) they finally zoomed out to get it. But they got it!!! The guy behind the guy driving was literally laying on the exercise ball when they zoomed in. It was awesome!

Awkward story really fast (gotta love those)! So later on in the evening I was playing with one of our eight year old investigators, making sand castles, and having fun. This guy comes walking by, and says, "Hey could we take a picture?" 
I said, "Wait, what?"
"You know, take a picture!"
"I'm all dirty though!" I showed him my wet sand-covered hands.
"Brush it off then!"
"..."
"Don't you remember me??"
"Uh...no...?"
"I'm the one who got your ball for you."
"Oh hey, yeah thanks!"
I got up, because for some reason I thought he wanted a picture of him. But then he hands his camera to his friend and puts his arm around me. I was all like, "UM....You're not allowed to do that. I'm a missionary!" I move away.

Long story short, he somehow managed to get two pictures with me. Me, in jeans and a tee-shirt, and him in his underwear (because apparently that's how they do it in Armenia...another awkward fact). But all the members came up and started yelling at him. M from Malatia was there, and man, if looks could kill! Haha It was just so awkward that it was hilarious! I was like, "Oh man. What is going on right now??!" Don't worry family, everyone is safe and good. Hahaha i just thought I would share that lovely tidbit with y'all. ;)

Well, times up!

Life is good here in Vanadzor!! See ya later!!
Sister Fielding

No comments:

Post a Comment