Tuesday, June 4, 2024

December 8, 2014

So many great things happening here in Vanadzor. SO many. It was such a crazy week. Lots of ups and downs.

On Wednesday, we went on mass sister splits! It was awesome because I was able to go back to Arabkir, my old stomping ground! They set it up so that I could see all of my old converts, and H--one of my old investigators who knows about 7 languages fluently. It was great! I could still see a lot of the same challenges with Arabkir, but I find great relief that the Lord is over all of his work and that it isn't me.

Going on splits with Sister L. (Sister T's old trainee) was almost TOO much fun. We ended up having pillow talk WAY too late, and I was practically drugged the next day. Pillow talk can be a very bad thing. Let's just say that!

Then on Sunday we went to Stake conference in Yerevan. It was AWESOME. 9 of our investigators went!! It was great because they were in two different groups. One was the group of five that was from the dorms apartments. Then the other group was As' group. I say A's group because through him, we had found ALL of those investigators. 

Okay, are you ready for the miracle of THIS week?! We were at M's house, doing a really short lesson. L, who's M tatik's granddaughter who had previously shown NO interest before in the church, said that she wanted to go to Yerevan for Stake conference. Sister B and I said, "Well, great!! You should come!!!" So she was going to hop on the bus with us. 

Well, M tatik was asking when we could come again. Sister B and I were saying, "Well probably on Tuesday." Well, I didn't hear L, but Sister B said that she said, "Hey! If you schedule on Monday, then I'll come to the lesson!"

When Sister B told me about that afterward, I said, "Heck yeah we'll change it to Monday!!" So we were able to.

Anyways, yesterday for stake conference, we were super excited for everyone to be there. And we realized that L really had come!! She was part of A's group (she being A's daughter).

We went to Yerevan, and had a good time. Then that following night, we scheduled up with her for an appointment at her grandma M's house. Well, we went there today at 3 (because that's just how it worked out) and IT WAS AMAZING. She is like a different person. Her heart has definitely been touched. It is AMAZING and it's a MIRACLE!

We get in there, and S Glasses  is in there. We had brought another member present. Truth be told, I kind of winced because S Glasses (bless her heart) says whatever is on her mind. Right from the beginning, she's telling L, "Okay, you and your daughter needs to get baptized." And she was saying all sorts of stuff. I'm thinking, "S, we need to ease these types of things into the conversation, not turn on the fire hydrant!!"

But then L was responding. I was all like, "Wait...woah." And then I turned to her and said, "L, do you want to be baptized?" She said, "Yes." Inside I was thinking, "Oh my WORD! Keep composure." So then we extended her a date for January 24th. It was AMAZING.

Then we went on to have an AMAZING lesson on prophets and Joseph Smith. And she prayed to close the meeting!! So she and her 16 year old daughter are going to get baptized!!!!!!!!!!! How crazy is that?!?!?! It's amazing. I love it.

Now, here's a completely unrelated story.

You know, Elder Klebingat??? He just became a general authority. We were in the same ward in Ukraine. He spoke in Stake conference. It just so happens that he was talking to a group of us missionaries, and HE REMEMBERED ME!!!! BAHHHH!!!! It was crazy!!! I was on cloud 9 for forever. I freaked out with Sister H for a while afterwards. Haha

I love you all!!! Take care!
Sister Fielding

No comments:

Post a Comment